Wednesday, October 8, 2008

She's gonna live!!!!

As I know all of you have been on the edge of your seat regarding the condition of my bike (insert cheesy applause/laughter here), here's a quick update as to what she's going through:

The good people (Fred, Darren, and Brian) down at Carl Hart Bicycles - my new favorite shop - have given me the green light to start riding the bike again. After a thorough inspection, they've deemed nothing to be wrong with the structural integrity of the frame. All that was needed was some truing of the wheels and rear derauliur (sp?) adjustment and away I went!

Amazingly, there were no scratches/scrapes on any part of the frame of the bike. It seems that my body took most, if not all, of the impact from the crash. I'm psyched at this as I will definately heal, the bike, and not to mention my wallet, would not have!

Now you may think I'm being materialistic with this and I should be happy that I made it out of this ordeal alive. Well, you're absolutely frickin' right I'm being materialistic! As soon as I could wiggle my hands and little pinky toe, my first thought was for my bike! Actually, come to think of it, I think I was probably thinking of my bike more than my own safety as I crashed. I remember thinking, 'protect the bike...protect the bike...' I know, I'm sick, but hey, these damn carbon bikes ain't cheap!

All in all several good things came about as a result of this crash. I'm safe, sore as hell, but I'm safe. The bike looks and feels fine (I did a forty mile ride today to a)make sure the bike was ok, and b)get back up on the horse) And finally, I hope the dumbass that was driving the car learned that she doesn't own the damned road and to be more careful-there are lives at steak here...LITERALLY!

Thanks for reading.

Push 'till ya puke...Always.

No comments: