Saturday, October 18, 2008

One Hundred Miles

So today was a hundred mile bike ride. We left in the cool air of daybreak, around 7am, and rode and rode and rode. Talk about some beautiful scenery! I always knew there were some nice parts out on the Eastern end of Long Island, but these were back roads I've never been down.

The day started off pretty cold. I was bundled pretty good, but as I have yet to purchase my 'winter biking wordrobe', I was left without gloves. I'm still a little banged up from the crash last week, so the cuts on my hand were singin' to me for about the first 40 or so miles. After that, though, it was smooth sailin'.

So all in all it was a great ride. I'll explain a bit more of it in a later post, but right now I'm off to take Lucki to get some good 'ole doggy food, and then I'm taking a nap and watching some trashy tv. So until next time...

Push 'till ya puke...Always.

No comments: