Saturday, October 11, 2008

Race Weekend

So it's finally here! American Zofiningen is tomorrow!!!!! Time to let all the training do the talking.

We went up last week to do some recon work and scout out the run and bike courses of the race. All I can say is that this is gonna be a hell of a race. There are virtually no flat sections on this racecourse. There are some amazing climbs and some sweet, fast decents. All in all should be a long, painful, but accomplish filled day!

The one regret I have going into the race is my bike crash earlier this week. I was really looking forward to racing hard this weekend, and am very concerned that I'll be in pain for most of the day. The crash was this past Tuesday and I have only gotten stiffer and sorer (is that a word?) since. My hand and shoulder are the biggest sources of discomfort, but my knee gave me a little bit of trouble in the last couple runs I've done. I'm gonna soldier through the race, but I'm sure it won't be as fast or fun as it would have been had I not been injured in the crash.

Stay tuned as I will have a full race report coming Sunday night/Monday morning! (Depending on how beat up I am!)

Push 'till ya puke...Always.

No comments: