Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just a quickie...

Just a quick post today. The last few weeks have really gotten away from me. Between work, training, and having a life, I've really not had much time for writing. I've come to find though, that without getting at least SOMETHING down every day, my thoughts really begin to get bottled up in my head. Perhaps I think too much about other things on those long bikes and runs!

Anyway, I was going to write a race report on the Mighty Hamptons Tri this past Sunday, but the only problem was that I never made it to the start! For the first time since I've been racing, I made the decision, albeit on the way to the race, that it was not a good idea to race. Looking at the pros and cons during the ride, I decided that it was in my best interest not to race. I was going in tired, I hadn't been in the water in at least a month, and it was pouring rain on the drive in. Now, I know that inclimate weather is usually nothing to bat an eye at, but combined with the other factors, I believe it could have spelled disaster. Not to mention, this race really means little to me at this point. Sure it would have been nice to toe the line with TJ Tollakson (who if I knew was doing the race I may have done it despite my pro/con decision making process), but I'm training too hard right now and am too focused on the American Zofingin to risk injury or illness. All in all, I was a bit bummed to not doo the race, but I went with my gut and did what I had to.

Now, don't think for a second that I didn't go home, take a nap, and then train my ass off! After a nice little slumber and working with a client, I decided to do another layered brick I had planned for later this week. The brick consisted of a 4 mile run, 60 mile bike, and about 8-10 mile finishing run. I did this with time being my biggest guide, as I have abandoned my bike computor and GPS for the moment. The routes were ones that I knew, so the distances should be pretty close. No matter, I had a great volume day. As my fitness grows, I get stronger and stronger the further I go. I'm really hoping for a great race in October!

That's all for now. The first episode of the new season of Biggest Loser just started and I'm off to crack a beer and watch it! The only thing that sucks is that Kristen won't be by my side. She's up in Canada again dealing with some family matters. God, whenever she's gone I miss her like crazy! I'm so lucky! Ok, before I get all mushy....

Push 'till ya puke....

No comments: