Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Monday...

Most of the time I work so much I have no idea what day it is. I literally would still have no idea if it weren't for my Trio. That thing is more than just a phone, it's my life! All kidding aside, my clients have called it my Holy Grail, and I can't say that they're wrong. Today, however, DEFINATELY felt like a freakin' Monday though!

I have been tired and cranky all day. No reason whatsoever, just tired and cranky. I didn't sleep very well the night before, but let's face it, I never sleep very well. I thought I might excercise to get rid of some of the cobwebs between clients, but that got me no where. So I went about my day, seeing some clients, being cranky, and probably-unfortunately-showing it.

On a good note, though, I did have a great training day. I did a killer session on the indoor trainer, hammering my legs into oblivion for an hour and a half with some of the hardest intervals I've ever done. Then it was out for a run, again hammering my legs with some hard pickups and finishing with eight 400's, all under a minute. Then, as if that weren't enough, I headed back out on the bike to ride in the hills for another hour and a half. Everything today was at a pretty uncomfortable pace, making me feel pretty beat up and wasted for a long ride tomorrow. Something about the suffering really gets me going.

So after all this shinanigans (love that word!) it was off to see my favorite girl in all the world. Now this, by far is the best part of the day. Just sittin' back, relaxin', and watchin some quality TV. You really know you love and enjoy someone when you can be comfortable in any situation with them. Kristen and I love to go out dancing and partying, but we're just as comfotable having a quiet evening together doing next to nothing. I'm such a lucky guy!

Ok, so that's it for today. I'm about to head off to bed, but the damned new channel I just found on TV is killin' me! If you have it availible, I really, really, really suggest you watch Universal sports. I believe it's one of NBC's channels, but it has all the cycling, track and field, and TRIATHLON events that we usually don't see in this country! Right now they're replaying some of the Summer Olympics-which I'm a total sucker for! Really, it doesn't matter if it's water polo, handball, basketball, fencing, anything! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Olympics!

So as I go, enjoy your life because it's just too short not to!

Push 'till ya puke...Always.

2 comments:

jameson said...

it's nuts how getting out and just hammering can turn your attitude around... and change the day!

thanks for mentioning the Universal Sports channel... I just checked and I have it and their website has a bunch of free content... good stuff. No I can even waste more time at work!

Dave said...

Nice. I'll definately have to check out the website, I didn't even think of that!