Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Day

After my post yesterday, my day went to Sh*t. Sorry to put it in that language, but that's just what it was. Emotionally I was drained. Truly, "life is what happens when you're making other plans"-especially when you're trying to have a restful 'rest' day. Frustration got the best of me and I headed to the trail for a good Caveman Run. No watch, no heart rate monitor, no ipod, just me and the trail. I think the run was around an hour, but the relief was worth days.

Today was the exact opposite of yesterday. Work was good, I lifted weights, got in a hilly run, and put together a pretty sweet bike ride to round it all out. I'm tired but certainly in a good way. I love this part of training. My muscles are sore, my feet hurt, but I know my fitness is coming together. Slowly but surely I'm going to be ready to crush the mountains in October.

More than anything, I've taken from yesterday that the people around you can have a huge impact on you. I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have found the girlfriend that I have. I always tell her that the best part of my day is when I get to see her. Last night she cheered me up in ways that are beyond words. I honestly have never felt the support of anyone as much as I feel hers. It's a great thing! I just hope I can be every bit of the guy that she deserves in her life!

No comments: