Friday, August 15, 2008

Another good day of training

I'm training with more focus than I have in a while. Maybe it's the Olympics, maybe it's the inspiration I've gained from those around me, or maybe it's the fact that I have mountains to climb (literally) in October at the American Zofingen.
Today was an easy day, 45 minute trail run and some yoga later in the afternoon. I barely get the yoga in as I find myself constantly procrastinating (sp?), but when I finally get it done I feel great.

My fitness is really coming along as things just get easier and easier. I've taken to the habit of keeping a detailed journal, as well as hold myself accountable in this blog, and I must say that it really has made a difference. Just having some sort of reference point from which to work really has made me a smarter self-coached athlete. I'm super into learning more and more about multisport, and this has really been my best attempt yet. I think the past two summers competing have just been a warmup. I've reached the point now where I actually NEED a plan. I'm no longer getting better or faster by just going out and making it up as I go along.

On a different note, Kristen is heading up to Canada with her fam for the next week. This will be the longest that we've been apart since we started dating. I know it sounds a bit cheesy, but I'm really gonna miss her a lot. She has really made such a great, positive difference in my life. To combat missing her I'm giong into full on "hermit" mode. For the week she's gone, I'll only be training, working, sleeping, and training some more. Hopefully this will make the time go faster!

No comments: