Sunday, April 26, 2009

Water, Two Wheels, Hills, Running Shoes, and more life thoughs


Another productive day in the books. Started at 4am when I woke up to nothing other than the urge to piss like a race horse. This could be because I'm getting older (haha, yeah right at 28?), or, more likely, because I went to bed at 8:30pm the night before. With all the trouble I've been having recently in my relationship, I've been able to sleep like a baby. Ok, well not Friday night-had a migrane all night (which I'm sure was brought about from stress with Kristen, work, and training)-but every other night has been asleep early, up early. I feel like I'm 80:).

So today started with a half hour swim, and then off to the Verizon Wireless store for my new toy. With the nature of my business being the way it is, I NEED a PDA. Otherwise, I'd be completely screwed with all my client contacts, reminders, appointments, etc. I never thought I'd come to rely on technology so much, but alas, I've become a techie.

After the trip to the toy store, a.k.a. Verizon, it was off on the bike for a 3 hour ride. Nothing big, but after the effort yesterday, I was tired after only an hour in the saddle. Not to mention the fact that it was blazing hot outside today-in the 90's here!

So after the bike, I staggered home, placed my bike gingerly against the wall of my living room, and collapsed on the floor. I'm being a little over-dramatic, but I definately had a good lay down on the floor while the dog licked the sweat from my brow. After a little while, I realized I still had to get out for a hilly 30-45 min. run. So I Manned-up, took it on the chin, and headed out the door.

I got in about 35 mins before calling it quits. Tired and done, I made it home, stretched, and downed my recovery drink. Tomorrow will be a great and deserved day off.

Now I'm off to try to avoid the swine flu...Isn't this nuts??? Every time I look at the news it's getting worse. Scary, Scary, Scary. I'm definately going to the doc as soon as I get ANY symptoms!


Oh, and life thoughts... I'm scared with where I'm at right now. It's a definately turning point not only in my relationship, but possibly my life as well. There are a lot of things I have to 'get together' in my life. I've never been good at organization, and I'm worried that if I was to continue down my current path, I may regret some things. Family is becoming more and more important to me, and it's been getting a backseat lately. That scares me. Family is all you got. Without it, you're on an island, and I ain't Gilligan (maybe the professor with his studly looks though :) ).

Push 'till ya puke...always!
oh, and HTFU!!!!!

No comments: