Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hills again...this time on two wheels.


Hills, hills, and hills. All on the bike today for 4 hours. GREAT ride! Had a ton of fun with a good friend and really had time to think about a lot of things. I think this is why I love endurance sports. There's something about that point at which your body is being worked to the max that makes you think as clearly as you ever have.


So anyway, during my ride today I thought a lot about life. My life in particular. Have you ever noticed that when parts of your life are going ahead full speed, something gets lost in the dust? It's like there's only so much you can take with you at any given time. There is a big part of my life that I feel I'm losing, but other's are being reborn. I'm scared though. Do I really want this loss? Do I need this loss? What is the cost of this loss? So many questions.


In many regards, I'm happy. But I wonder what can still be. Am I making the biggest mistake of my life, or am I doing what fate intends? I guess they're right-life is what happens when you're making other plans. I'm just gonna go with it and see where it takes me. John Blaze said, "Life is not a dress rehersal," and he was 100% right. We only get one shot at this, so we better get out of it what we want...we'll soon be dead and "you can't come back from that".


Push 'till ya puke...Always.

No comments: