Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pissed Beyond Belief...

So today, after conducting a running class in which NO ONE showed up, I go to work with a client at their house, only to find that I can't get there. No, not because my car broke down. Not because I had a family emergency. I was unable to get there because the road were blocked for a run/walk in the town I live in.

Now, obviously, I'm all for these run/walks. Usually they benefit a charity of some sort, so that's a good thing-not to mention that I LOVE running, biking and swimming and have surely put other people at an inconvenience for my passion. But, being as I live in this town, there were no postings warning residents of the event and possible road closures, nor were there 'polite' people shutting down the roads. As I tried to get to my clients house (and even to my own), I was told to go this way and that, none getting me to where I needed to be. Then, in desperation, I began to argue with the Constables. All in all, the event wound up costing me time with a client-whom I feel terrible about standing up-as well as money from my pocket.

It's unfortunate that things like this happen, not only because it causes people trouble, but because they more importantly get turned off to the idea of holding events like this in their village. They would be much better off planning for the road closures and awaring residents of these closures well ahead of time.

To say I'm mad is an understatement. I'm not one to complain, but this is just plain ridiculous.

No comments: