Friday, April 17, 2009

It's official




Today it's official. I've signed up for both my "A" races and I couldn't be happier. The butterflies are doing loops in my stomach right now and I'm super psyched to continue killing it in training and working toward some good race performances.

Taking triathlon seriously this year has really changed me as a person. I've always been a focused athlete, but something about this sport really makes your life different. Triathlon, moreso than any other sport I've ever played, is a lifestyle sport. Everything in your life has an influence on performance. If you go out for a night and drink too much, you suffer. If you eat the wrong things, you suffer. If you don't sleep, you suffer. Everything down to the way I cut my toenails has changed because of this sport-and only for the better!

My organizational skills, while still far from perfect, have become more concise. I'm able to get more things done in a day than I ever thought possible...and train well on top of that! Of course I could get more sleep, and at times eat better (or less for that matter:)), but overall my life has been improved beyond belief.

I think a big part of this has also resulted from meeting Kristen. She's really a great catch. Things can be difficult at times (and what relationship isn't!), but at the end of the day, she doesn't take any of my shit. And that's a good thing! I know there's no bullshitting her. She tells it like it is and that's something I've been missing in my life for a long time. I love you babe!

So the races this year will go well. I'm planning on being healthy, happy, and fast! Hard work yeilds results and I've been lucky to learn that this year. I plan on keeping with that philosophy.

HTFU!!!!
(and push 'till ya puke)

No comments: