Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flirting with danger..

I'm flirting with the line of overtraining in the last few days. It's been hot here, and since last weekend, where temps were in the high 80's, it's been a struggle to get used to the weather. It felt great to train in the warmth, but my body SERIOUSLY isn't accustomed to it yet. I usually do very well the hotter the temperature is, but this took me by suprise. Needless to say, I crushed it this past weekend, but am suffering the consequences in training now.

So I decided to scale it back today, and do my workout, but lower the intensity. That, and I added a 90 minute, dumb-easy spin to loosen up my legs and heighten my mood. It seemed to have worked as I feel much better now (writing this as I go to bed) and am in better spirits overall.

It's been a tough couple weeks for me emotionally, but things on that front seem to be coming together. It's amazing how even though you're not taxing your system physically, it can still be very effected by what happens in your head. Interesting...

I'm back at it tomorrow with 4k in the pool and a possible bike in the pm-depending on the weather.

Push 'till ya puke...Always.

No comments: