Sunday, April 12, 2009

New bike, hard training, and a dog

Just a quickie as I'm about to head out the door to Kristen's for Easter dinner...

So I took the new CARBON tri bike out for a spin and loved every second! Even with everything that I said about how good my bike was in my last post, nothing truly compares to carbon! I'm a convert! It's amazing how fresh my legs were for my run afterwards! It could all be psychological, but even so, if that's enough to make me run faster, that's all I need.

So the dog...

On the Trek's maiden voyage with yours truly as pilot, I got chased by some HUUUUGE freakin' dog... No I know what your thinking, just ride faster right? Nope, I just so happened to be on one of the steepest climbs around. So I'm trying to stay calm, accelerate and ride away, just when he catches me. I thought it was over-and honestly, my first instinct was to protect the bike:). So just as he's about to sink his frothy, slober-filled mouth into my leg, I get a huge sloppy tongue instead! Talk about relief... I was so happy I even stopped to pet the pooch for a bit before going ahead. Not all dogs are all that bad-they just scare the crap out of you from time to time.

Anyway, Happy Easter and Push 'till you Puke, always!

No comments: