Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ready for Valentine's day!


Ah, Valentine's day! Wonderful holiday right? I think a lot of times (as a guy) I really don't look forward to this "holiday". I don't know if it's because I've never really spent it with someone I've been super crazy about, or if it was just the sheer fact that I was usually spending money I didn't have. But, this time is different.


Kristen and I have been together for a year, and technically this is our second Valentine's day, but it really feels like the first...at least I think so. Last year we were still in the 'getting to know you' process of things. It was exciting of course (and still is), but I don't think we really had a ton of background on one another. In other words, I think the holiday then was more about the lust of the relationship-which isn't a bad thing, it's just usually where things are at that point.


This weekend, though, definately has a different feel about it. I've been planning it for some time, and I really think it should be a lot of fun. It's going to be a suprise so I'll have to post the details later. I'm positive that no matter what it will be a very fun and very romantic weekend.


The only problem, however, which really isn't a problem at all, is that I'll have to take off from training while we're away. Of course I'd rather spend plenty of alone time with a beautiful woman than scortch my crotch for five hours on the bike, but I'll definately miss a good two days. I know it sounds like I'm just another OCD triathlete, but I'm just not into messing with consistency. I've had a tough couple of weeks with injury and sickness, so my consistency has been somewhat effected. I'll have to be a little mentally tough though and suck it up, knowing that two days in the big picture is really nothing! Not to mention that this is really suppossed to be a recovery week before a nice run focus that starts next week. So, let me stop complaining and Man the Fu*k up!


Gotta get some shut eye, so that's all for now. I slept like dog crap last night and it showed in the water an on my bike today. Insomnia is a bitch! Anyway...


Push 'till ya puke...Always.

No comments: