Friday, January 30, 2009

First in a long while....

So this is my first post in quite a while and I'm gonna keep it short. Not because I'm lazy, but because of the fact that it's nearly 1am and I have to get up in 5 hours to be at the pool in tomorrow morning.

I've been down on the blogging front for a bit as a result of my business picking up quite a bit. This is the time of year for us personal trainers to make a killing picking up new business as well as keep our current clients motivated and headed in the right direction for the new year. Also, I'm in the beginning stages of starting up some really neat internet training stuff so I'll keep anyone interested up to date through this blog.

The internet training will be similar to that of most triathlon coaching websites, including e-mail and phone comunication, packages, routines, video postings, etc. I'm looking to get this off the ground in the next few weeks so if you're interested, please feel free to e-mail me at Davidspike1@hotmail.com. I'll get back to you ASAP and have some packages pricelists all set to go along with some more info.

On the personal front, I've been training my butt off. Having a coach set up my schedule and go through things with me has been the best thing ever. At this point in my year I'm already light years ahead of where I've been in the past with triathlon. Granted, I'm only in the sport for a grand total of about a year and a half, but I can really see that I can do some damage in my coming races this season.

I've also gone back to playing my first love, hockey. No, not that dinky roller or deck hockey crap, but real blood and guts on the ice type of hockey. I played since I was a kid and probably could have gone somewhere if I didn't choose to go with lacrosse instead. Don't get me wrong, lacrosse was good to me and paid for a large part of my education, but I should have stuck it out and stayed with hockey. All the guys I grew up with that I doubted would go anywhere in the sport now play professionally somewhere (most in the NHL), not to mention that one of them just started in the friggin' NHL All-Star game last week! Good job fellas and keep up the good work!

So I've started to play again and I'm happy. It keeps me balanced in between long sessions at the pool, on the bike, and running on the treadmill.

So that's about it for now. I'll look to start posting more consistantly now that things have calmed a bit with work.

Happy training and.....

Push 'till ya puke...Always.

No comments: